jeudi 15 janvier 2015

Rocky Loves Emily

ROCKY LOVES EMILY
"You wonder how long until you break And you wish that your friends. Could have seen your mistakes, but you're alone, you're alone" Matthew

That old love that never really disappears, you know? One of mine is Rocky Loves Emily. Brandon, Andrew, Sean, Pete, Johnny.Those guys as absolutely amazing, the kindest musicians I've talked to.
I've lost track with them when I entered college, and I re discovered them a few years later when Brandon (the singer) followed me on Twitter. Boum, 3 or maybe 4 years in the face.
I've always loved their songs, you know. But I didn't expect them to grow as much as they did. When I heard their """""new""""" songs, I felt half happy, half confused. That wasn't my Rocky Loves Emily, that was a mature, professional, more amazing band than they ever were. I was so happy to see the evolution, and gutted to have missed it at the same time.

I'll put my favourite songs of them just below. I mean, Brandon's voice, right? RIGHT?

Then, a week ago, I heard of them again, because Brandon tweeted a link to their new song, "Matthew". It was the day after the attack at "Charlie Hebdo" and the day where all the shit happened in France, so I was even more emotional than before, if possible. When I listened to that song, not knowing what it was about, I felt a little bit more broken. Tears ran down my face during the entire song. This is the most beautiful, hurtful, heartbreaking song I've ever heard since "Topics" from Nevertheless. Every time I think or listen to "Matthew", I feel a pain in my heart. Even the guitars felt broken, such a sad sound, sound a despair, sadness. Brandon's voice is so much different, and even more beautiful in some kind of way. Those high notes, man, that scream...
Then I read that the song was about one of their friend, Matthew, who committed suicide a little while ago, and I understood everything right away. I could not understand how they felt, but I could understand what they were trying to tell me.
Withou hesitation, this is my favourite song of them, by very far. I send all my prayers to the family and Rocky Loves Emily, hoping that one day, the guilt will disappear to let smiles on their faces. They are so, so brave for writing, creating an entire song, to pay tribute, to express their pain... I'm so grateful for hearing that song.

If, by any chance, you want to know more about he band, here is the link to their Facebook Page, and below some of my favourite songs of them :


Matthew - RLE

Clueless - RLE

Be mine tonight - RLE

Oil and Water - RLE


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire