mercredi 20 mai 2015

Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!'s "Get Lost, Find Yourself"



If some of you read my articles from the very beginning (I love you), then you KNOW I support the French scene, even more when it's f*cking talented. I've talked about Chunk! already, but here's the thing: they released their long awaited "Get Lost, Find Yourself" YESTERDAY. I pre-ordered it months ago so imagine my surprise when I got an email from Itunes saying I can FINALLY download the whole album. I love C!NCC!. I love them very, very much, and the fact that they are french makes it even more important to me. But since 2013 and "Pardon My French", we haven't heard any new song from them, as they were touring all over the world.

"Get Lost, Find Yourself" is my new little treasure. "Pardon My French" has so many amazing reviews that they knew it would be hard to top that. But that kind of did. "Kind of" because I didn't love this one as much as the last. I still loved it, just not enough.

We heard "Playing Dead" and "The Other Line" before the release of the album. I'm still playing "The Other Line" on repeat today. Now, I have some favourites other than this one, of course.
The 1st one is called "Pull You Under". The first time I heard it, I felt like I haven't heard THE song of my life until then. This is the absolute treasure I will cherish until the very end. The lyrics are as good as the music, as good as Bert's voice. Everything is on top, there's no critic about this one. The beginning is harsh, you think it will be like that the entire song, but then the chorus comes in with 

"They can try but, they'll never kick us down, we have the right to be here, even when they try they'll never kick us out, we have the right to be here, never let them pull you under"

Damn, they proved with that song that YES, they DO have the right to be here, and defend their album, and their band, and, and... I feel so much power in this, I don't know who "pull them under"(or at least tried) but they massively failed.
My second crush is "Get Lost, Find Yourself". I knew it was special, they wouldn't have name their album with this song otherwise. I have too much feels about it. I connect so bad to the lyrics, especially those at the end where Bert sings

"Got lost and found myself doing much better, went far from this town, and I'm runnign ever further".

 Apart from that, this is the "ballad" of the album, all acoustic, and I can't do anything but love it. Everything's so pure, so simple, authentic, the most perfect alchemy between the lyrics and the music. Both gives hope for a better future, but a future which you have to create by yourself.
My two other loves are "Worst Case Scenario" and "Twist The Knife".

To conclude about this beauty "Get Lost, Find Yourself", I love it. Less screams, more singing but nearly as good as "Pardon My French". I can't say I'm disappoinetd because I love the new album, I'm glad they took the time to make this magic happen. I can't wait for the new one already.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire