jeudi 17 avril 2014

Parachute

PARACHUTE
"You were that speed train, and you were still on the run. Yeah, you would crash right in, and then you'd just move along. Oh, I know that it haunts me, wishing you could just stay" Meant To Be

I think most of you already know Parachute, but that won't prevent me from doing an article, because I just love them. I've known them since "She Is Love", which is quite a long time, like 4 ou 5 years maybe. That song went straight through my teenager heart at that time, and still today. Made me feel loved!
 I am so proud of them for still being together after years of Parachute. This may or may not last, so let's enjoy while we can! They toured with The Cab, The Goo Goo Dolls and Plain White T's, those names should ring a bell, yes?

Anyway, I won't talk much, because I've done a review of "Overnight" when it came out, and I'll just post it here so you guys can know what I think about them.

But before, business & communication, as always! : Their Facebook page is HERE. They are constantly posting pictures and messages to theirs fans, which is wicked, so you can enjoy some weird/fun/WTF facts and pictures with the boys.
Second, "Overnight" on Itunes, and you should because it worths it!

Now, the usual videos, then the review just below if you have time to spend on reading someone's opinion on something! :

"Can't Help"

"She Is Love"

"Kiss Me Slowly"

REVIEW
Not a long time ago, the amazing band Parachute came with a new album, Overnight. They left us in 2011 with "The Way It Was", which had great reviews. Fans and medias expected a lot from this band who keep proving their talent a little more each day. We had some expectations from this album. We were worried that they won't be able to be better, maybe "The Way It Was" was their own top. Well, let's apologize to the band, because, if you listened to that record, you can not say it was not their best. Because it clearly is. 
Before the album came out, we had the chance to hear one song, Hearts Go Crazy. Which is not on the album, btw. First listening : What the Frack?! Is this really Parachute, or what ? Yes, this was my first reaction. Because I couldn't recognize the band from that song. This is no longer pop, but more electro, much much more electro. I didn't expect that. It sounded like a pop Cobra Starship. The reactions to Hearts Go Crazy were reserved. Some people liked the new "style", others regret the old already. But when we listen again and again, we can still hear Parachute. This may only last for a few seconds, but still. For example, they like to make two members sing : We can find that in HGC. And the pop is still here in the second verse, with the electric guitar in the background. I liked Hearts Go Crazy, but I hoped the whole album will still be pop, because one song is okay, 10 is too much.
Then Overnight came out. It has 12 songs in it. I remember having chills just by buying it, but I was also affraid, affraid to be disappointed.
1: Meant To Be. My fear came true. Even if this is not as electro as HGC, the sound is still different.  I enjoy listenening to this first song, but this is not my favourite, at all.
2:  Can't Help. The first sounds I heard made me think of one song, Bounce, from The Cab. This is crazy because the begining may sounds alike, but not really. Just a bit. This is one of my favourite song of the album. Can't explain why, but the lyrics are catchy, it stayed in my head for like a week. It has something special that make the song ... well, special.
3: Drive You Home. This song makes me think of Boys Like Girls. I think they could also have written it. DYH is an amazing song. The chorus is catchy and emotional. I felt so much emotions listening to this! The little "Oveeeer" at the end of the chorus kills me everytime I hear it. The band did an incredible job with the music. In all the album, of course, but in that song particularly. There is not word to describe how this song is perfection.
4. Hurricane. Chills. Chills, chills. Hurricane makes us forget Forever And Always from the last record, The Way It Was. Will Anderson's voice in this song is breathe taking. The lyrics are tatooed on my heart. It feels like I lived the story they are telling. This is definitely my favourite song of the album. Too much perfection for my little heart.
5. Overnight. Not my favourite. I can't help but shout all the lyrics with Will everytime I hear it.Everybody says that I should just forget, the hardest part is over with, but it's all dark and I can't see the light. I clap in my hands and shout. It sounds a lot like the old Parachute which I like, but I am not complaining about the new one.
If you listen carefully, you realise that the more the song are playing, the more we can hear the old Parachute!
6. Didn't See It Coming. Ok, let's be honest, the rap part at the begining is perfect,  just before Will who sings quite high, which is more perfect, if possible. The music makes me smile, its a joyful one. Not heartbreaking or breathe taking, but I needed that simple song. 
I will let your hear the last ones, The Other Side, Waiting For That Call, The Only One, Disappear, Higher and Hurricane (acoustic version).
As a conclusion, Overnight is the proof that Parachute can still evolve and be better than last time. They show us their talent for about 45 minutes of heaven. For those who don't know that band, I really am encouraging you to go to Youtube and listen to any song you want, then buy their albums if you fell in love with them, like me. The only negative point I would say is, not the apparition of an electro sound, but the loss of the saxophone sound.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire