vendredi 4 avril 2014

Hawthorne Heights

HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS
" Slow things down or speed them up, not enough or way too much. How are you when I'm gone?" Ohio Is For Lovers

Alright, I don't even know where to begin. I -re- discovered that band  a few minutes ago, and it was to best moment of the week. Hearing "Ohio Is For Lovers" years after is so... powerful. I remember I listened to that song when I was on a trip to Columbus with my school. Columbus -> Ohio, so yeah, that makes sense.

I can't explain or anything, but I've always felt there is something special, different about them. Haven't you felt that with a band?

Of course, no one can forget Casey Calvert, former guitarist and singer/screamer, who died in his sleep on November, 24, 2007, while the band was on tour. Never forget. I find it very brave and amazing that the band did not split up and kept on living their dreams, in memory of Casey.


I loved them from the first time I heard them, and now I just saw they released a new album in 2013, "Zero", that I bought right away HERE for only 9 euros, and they will be releasing "The Silence In Black And White" acoustic! All that to celebrate the album's 10 year anniversary. Oh, sorry, yes, you read well, 10 F*CKING YEARS, this is crazy, this is amazing, I'm so excited! 
Anyway, this acoustic record will be out April, 15 on Itunes, May, 20 on CD et June, 24 on Vinyl. All that via the site InVogue Record
You can also check out their Facebook page, to check up with their tour dates or anything else.

Below, you'll find some of their numerous and amazing songs :

"Ohio Is For Lovers"

"Saying Sorry"

"This Is Who We Are"

"Golden Parachutes" (from Zero)

"Pens & Needles"


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire