mercredi 6 mai 2015

Thomas Oliver

Thomas Oliver
"I was just a litte different inside me, from that day on. No I don't like t oadmit it, I don't take sh*t from anyone. Was I turned into a man?"

I've known him thanks to my dear, magical Louis Baker. And let me tell you that Thomas also IS a magician, voice AND acoustic guitar. A delight. Let's not waste any more time and listen to this first beautiful song, "Boy".






Thomas Oliver is also from New Zealand, and also has that something different. Damn, are all people from this beautiful island that special? I WANT IN!

Anyway, he's a genius with his acoustic guitar as you can see, and that, people, is something I wish I could do (or at least see live). I know he's not the only one able to do that kind of magic, but still, it's incredible when you're expecting everything BUT this. His guitar solo at the end is even more astonishing, don't you think?

Now, the guitar plus the voice, let's say it's a match. Not too strong, not too fragile, he's right in the middle of perfection. I think he could go even higher with his voice, but I'm not sure it's of any use, it's so beautiful the way it is!

To finish, the guitar, plus the voice, PLUS the lyrics. It's one of the few artists that you can really understand nearly all the lyrics of his songs. And, you may not realise it, but it's a HUGE deal! His song "boy" went right through my heart, with beautiful lyrics (even if I'm not a boy).

"I'm holding on, to what I know is mine. It's a change of eyes, not a change of mind. And I don't believe that I lost my way" Lead Me On

"I was sixteen years old, when I first loved a girl. I still remember what it felt like, just so much it hurts." Boy

Let's end this article with some other beautiful songs of his, "Lead Me On" and "What Can I Say" (both on the same video)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire